400 Einsteins walk streets of Canada to set world record
he group of 404 people donned white wigs, fake mustaches and Einstein's regular wardrobe of a blazer and necktie to set the Guinness World Record for "largest gathering of people dressed as Albert Einstein" in Toronto on Tuesday, realitytvworld.com reports.
Cheers erupted from the crowd and white wigs were flung into the air once the horde of Einsteins were informed they had eclipsed the previous record of 99.
The massive world record attempt also marked the beginning of the 2017 Next Einstein competition, which looks for "ideas that make the world a better place".
"This is a competition all about imagination and innovation and ideas", President and CEO of Canadian Friends of Hebrew University Rami Kleinmann said.
A pair of eighth grade students 13-year-old Jonathan Sherman and 14-year-old Daniel Solomon created a hologram security system after Sherman's home was broken into.
"We've basically made a device to stop robberies", Solomon said.
The device uses a motion sensor outside the home that creates an image inside the home to make it appear as people are inside.
"It will give the illusion that someone is in your house ... so the robber will think people are in the home and think, 'Oh, I can't rob this",Solomon said.
The winner of the competition is awarded $10,000 to help make their idea a reality.
"We're living in a world where people are not revealing their ideas, they are too afraid to share them. What we're creating here is a way to encourage people to use their imaginations, share their ideas and improve the world", Kleinmann said.
- US, Mexico, Canada to open talks on revising NAFTA
- Iranian investors to construct plant in West Kazakhstan
- Canada set to unveil legislation legalizing cannabis
- Canada snow slide kills five South Koreans
- Marine Atlantic ferry stuck in ice off Cape Breton
- Canada mid-air plane collision over shopping centre kills one
- Canadian man of Kazakh origins arrested over massive hack of 500 million Yahoo accounts
- Dauren Abayev told about the joint movie of the Kazakhstan and foreign directors