Aktobe region was proposed to construct an oil refinery

13 July, 2018, 16:47 230
Aktobe region was proposed to construct an oil refinery

Governor of Aktobe region Berdybek Saparbayev at the meeting with the participation of Kazakh Prime Minister Bakhytzhan Sagintayev proposed to build a fourth oil refinery on the territory of Aktobe region.

Aktobe held a meeting with the participation of Kazakh Prime Minister of Bakhytzhan Sagintayev, Governor of Aktobe region Berdybek Saparbayev and the Kazakh Minister who took part in it via the Internet. In his speech, Sagintayev highly praised the potential of Aktobe region, BNews.kz correspondent reports.

“Yesterday we visited the industrial enterprises. The investors told what support is needed. All proposals will be considered and discussed with Ministers in Astana. We can observe, the price for oil decreases. The economy should be diversified. In order to join the number of developed countries, the economy of the country should increase by 5-6% each year. Last year we completed the year with the increase by 4%. Aktobe region showed good activity and ended the year with the increase by 5.1%. The Governor of the region promises to not decrease paces,” said Kazakh PM Bakhytzhan Sagintayev.

Head of the region Berdybek Saparbayev, in his turn, familiarized the PM with the results of the work and plans for the future to develop Aktobe region claiming to be a large megapolis in the country.

“During the construction of facilities, mainly the funds of investors are used. 25% of funds are allocated from the budget. The remaining 75% are investments. Of which 35% are foreign investments,” said Berdybek Saparbayev.

This year Aktobe region should implement 15 projects for the total amount of 76 billion tenges. As a result, 1 400 workplaces will occur. But, the biggest impetus to development of the economy of the region, according to the Governor, can be given by two large enterprises, the construction of which is only planned. They are an oil refinery and a plant for gold ores production and processing.   

“The President instructed to build a fourth oil refinery. Yesterday we visited Zhanazhol and got to know that it has all necessary infrastructure: a railway, gas. In addition, our region is between Europe and Asia. Therefore, we sent out request to the Ministry of Energy to build the plant in our region. We also ask to support a construction project of a mining plant Altyn EX. If our country starts processing gold, not importing it from Russia, then the budget will receive another 8 billion tenges of taxes. New workplaces will be opened,” said Saparbayev.

The head of the region asked the PM to support the construction of schools and infrastructure necessary to construct new industrial enterprises in the region.