Cause of the fire in Kemerovo shopping center ‘Zimnyaya vishnya’ revealed

17 April, 2018, 11:07 333
Cause of the fire in Kemerovo shopping center ‘Zimnyaya vishnya’ revealed

According to experts, the fire happened after a short circuit caused by a roof leak.

The fire in the shopping center "Zimnyaya vishnya" happened after a short circuit caused by the leakage of the roof. Such conclusions were reached in the fire examination center of the Saint Petersburg University of State Fire Service of Emercom of Russia, lenta.ru reports.

"According to the preliminary conclusions of the experts, about which the source of the newspaper told, the short circuit appeared on the fourth floor above the children's playground. The snow from the roof of the shopping center was not removed, it began to melt, and the water got on the wires. The first was a plastic chandelier above a children's dry pool with foam cubes that was covered with fire, which began to burn because of plastic dripping above," says the report.

The fire, according to the specialists of the center, could be local, but it was spread by ventilation, which nobody turned off.

The source of the publication also said that automatic switches were installed on the line to protect against such cases, but they did not work.

We note that the fire in the shopping center "Zimnyaya vishnya" happened on March 25. In the aftermath of the tragedy, 64 people were killed.

President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev sent a telegram to Vladimir Putin expressing his condolences to the relatives and friends of the deceased.