Presentation of Kashagan field took place in Atyrau
The official presentation of one of large-scale deposits in the world and the first sea field in Kazakhstan – Kashagan took place in Atyrau with participation of the head of state on December 7, 2016, BNews.kz correspondent reports.
Production on Kashagan came to commercial level more than 75,000 oil barrels a day on November 1, 2016. Works with the purpose of level expansion in production and its stabilization at the level of 180,000 barrels a day are carried out.
It is planned to get about 1 million tons of oil and 680 million m3 of gas until the end of the current year, 8.9 million tons of oil and 5.6 billion m3 gas is planned in 2017. It is planned to increase production to 13 million tons of oil and 9 billion m3 gas a year.
Thanks to development of Kashagan the domestic sea service infrastructure which in line with international standards is created:
- the plants on production of a large-capacity metalwork "Ersay" and "Caspian Offshore Marine Construction" (Seaport Aktau) are constructed; repair yard in the item of Bautino;
- the base of support of naval warfares, base of response to oil spills and other objects are created.
About 70 joint companies/partnership which included such international companies as Schlumberger, Siemens, Energy Wood Group, Saypem with their knowledge, technologies and experience are created.
274 companies work on the Kashagan project with the Kazakhstan ownership share more than 50%.
More than 180 Kazakhstan companies were trained and certified according to international standards.
Within social responsibility the Consortium invested more than 500 million dollars in social and infrastructure development of Mangystausky and Atyrau regions.
For these years were constructed:
- 49 educational institutions (schools, kindergardens);
- 30 medical institutions (hospitals, polyclinics, rural medical points);
- 68 infrastructure facilities (gasification of the cities and settlements, construction of roads);
- 8 cultural objects (clubs, recreation centers);
- 12 sporting venues (stadiums, sports and improving complexes).