GGG promised to show a truly street bout to ‘Canelo’
It is a serious business, not a game, but I have another plan for the bout, GGG said.
Kazakh boxer Gennady Golovkin (38-0-1, 34 KOs) shared his expectation for the upcoming bout with Saul Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs), Sports.kz reports.
“It is going to be a special moment. It will be a big and dangerous bout for both of us. Do I feel pressure? A little bit. Of course, I am emotional. It is a serious business, not a game. But I feel that my body is in the best shape of my life. I won the first bout. Now I control the situation, emotions, because I understand how it is serious. I will have another plan for the bout, absolutely another one. I hope that the second bout will be much better as for fans and us. Without referees, without commissions – a truly street bout,” said GGG.
The first bout ended with a controversial draw. The rematch bout is held on September 15 in Las Vegas.
- Ticket sale for Golovkin-‘Canelo’ rematch has begun
- Who is GGG’s next opponent after ‘Canelo’
- GGG’s next opponent after ‘Canelo’ announced
- First official promo of Golovkin-‘Canelo’ rematch published
- Golovkin’s estimated income from rematch with ‘Canelo’ became known
- Rematch of GGG - ‘Canelo’ officially announced
- Alvarez announced financial terms for rematch to Golovkin
- Why Golovkin and Saunders’s fight will not take place in 2018