GGG’s promoter about the fight: There has been so much speculation in the press
One of the possible opponent of Gennady Golovkin for the bout on May 5 is American Vanes Martirosyan.
Promoter of Kazakh boxer Gennady Golovkin Tom Loeffler told about the plans on the upcoming fight on May, BNews.kz reports with reference to Sports.kz.
“There is no announcement. There has been so much speculation in the press, what opponent, what venue. Because there is so much speculation, Gennady wanted to come down here and sit in front of you and give you an update and say he wants to fight on May 5. Gennady has been sparring and he wants to fight May 5. There have been a lot of challenges, we've gone through a lot of names, stuff with the sanctioning bodies. I have been in touch with them sorting out an amicable solution for everyone while not denying GGG the opportunity to fight May 5. ... Nothing is finalized," said Tom Loeffler.
Loeffler added that he was working on a deal with promoter Don King, representing the interests of American Vanes Martirosyan. Golovkin and Martirosyan can compete on May 5 at the StubHub Center arena in the suburb of Los Angeles, Carson. However, the deal has not yet been completed due to obstacles on the part of the IBF, which may appoint GGG’s mandatory title defence fight with Sergey Derevyanchenko.
Tom Loeffler also noted that Vanes was interested in the fight by himself.
At the same time, Golovkin’s prompter noted that all arenas would hold reservation on May 5.
- GGG promised to show a truly street bout to ‘Canelo’
- Ticket sale for Golovkin-‘Canelo’ rematch has begun
- Who is GGG’s next opponent after ‘Canelo’
- GGG’s next opponent after ‘Canelo’ announced
- First official promo of Golovkin-‘Canelo’ rematch published
- Golovkin’s estimated income from rematch with ‘Canelo’ became known
- Rematch of GGG - ‘Canelo’ officially announced
- Alvarez announced financial terms for rematch to Golovkin