Kazakh President received President's assistant - Security Council's Secretary
Baizhanov reported Nursultan Nazarbayev on the course of preparations to hold a regular session of the Security Council.
At the meeting, the Kazakh head of state underlined that the Security Council is a special body that coordinates a state policy in ensuring national security, the rule of law, as well as strengthening the country's defense capacity, the Akorda reports.
"The new Law on the Security Council significantly broadens its authority. In this connection, it is necessary to deliberately study the normative and legal base, including the doci=uments regulating the activities of law enforcement and special bodies," said the Kazakh President.
In his turn, Baizhanov delivered a report to Nursultan Nazarbayev on preparation works for holding a regular session of the Security Council.
In the end, the head of state gave a number of specific instructions on the Security Council's further work.
- Nazarbayev to leave for Finland and Belgium
- Nursultan Nazarbayev to deliver an Address to Kazakhstan's population on Oct.5
- Nursultan Nazarbayev addresses to trade union community
- Kazakh President offered condolences to Indonesian President over tsunami victims
- Nazarbayev arrives in Dushanbe to partake in Council of CIS heads of state session
- Kazakh leader to partake in Council of CIS heads of state session
- Nazarbayev: 'Unconditional love and mothers' care for their children form future of our Motherland'
- Nazarbayev and Erdogan talked over international and regional policy