Kazakhstan among leaders to develop e-government

21 November, 2018, 15:37 381
Kazakhstan among leaders to develop e-government

In the rankings of the \United Nations, our state ranks 25th. 

Kazakhstan has joint a list of states leading in the development of e-government for the first time, sharing the 25th position with Austria, and ranks 8th among Asian countries in the UN rankings for 2018 (UN Global E-Government Development Index). Director at the Public Services Department of the Agency for Civil Services and Anti-Corruption Ildar Uisumbayev at a conference in Astana, BNews.kz correspondent reports. 

"Kazakhstan ranks 25th in the UN rankings to develop e-government and took the 8th place among Asian states. Following the international practice, we have invited experts from South Korea with huge experiences in developing e-government. Nowadays, this country's 90% of services are fully automated (over 400 services and 1 thousand certificates can get online round the clock via egovernment 24/7), and the remaining 10% are available in an electronic version during working hours. Following the UN rankings, South Korea is among the top-3 states to develop 'e-government', thus this experience is very important," said Ildar Uisumbayev. 

Also, Ildar Uisumbayev emphasized the implementation of the task of the head of state to switch public services into an electronic format to up to 90% by 2020. 

"To develop e-services, Kazakhstan plans to create a single platform of biometric data from the next year taking into account the international experience. This will enable to get public services anywhere and anytime by facial recognition and thumbprint, ensuring high protection of personal data, as well as reducing the burden on front offices of the State Corporation by 70%, eliminating the necessity of the obligatory presence during receiving public services," they said in the Agency. 

They in the Agency also noted that as of today, 62% (462 out of 741) of services of the register are available in an electronic format. Since the beginning of the present year, the total percentage of public services provided electronically has equaled 63% (more than 70 million), and 20% on a 'single window' principle (20 million), which led to the reduction in domestic corruption in the sphere by 83%.  

Читайте также

Похожие новости