Kazakhstan surpassed Ukraine, but felt behind Russia on road quality
The rankings included 137 states, the road quality was evaluated following the scale from one to seven.
The experts named the states with the worst and best roads in the world. The list was compiled following the version of the Global Competitiveness Report for 2017-18, in which Kazakhstan took the 115th place, BNews.kz reports.
The rankings had 137 states, the road quality was evaluated from one to seven. We note that none of the states reached the highest score.
Kazakhstan took the 115th place and scored 2.9 out of 7, and was found between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Zimbabwe. Russia took the same score, but was found a line up. And, the African republic was a line down with a score of 2.8.
The best quality roads were found in the United Arabic Emirates (UAE) with a score of 6.4. Then, Singapore (6.3). The third place was taken by Switzerland (6.3).
The top-10 rankings also had Hong-Kong (6.2), the Netherlands (6.1), Japan (6.1), France (6), Portugal (6), Austria (6), and the USA (5.7).
Among the former Soviet states, the best roads were found in Azerbaijan, Lithuania and Estonia – the 36th, 37th and 38th places, respectively. The worst roads were found in Mauritania with the two scores, in the list it took the last 137th place.
Also, Congo (2.1), Haiti (2.1) and Madagascar (2.2) have the worst quality roads.
- Volumes of cargo transportation increased in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan’s leader congratulated on Eid al-Fitr
- Astana highly praises Pyongyang’s commitment towards denuclearization
- Kazakhstan asks European Parliament to facilitate rushing corrupted funds back
- In Kazakhstan, 117 people were victims of labour slavery over a year
- Number of universities decreases in Kazakhstan
- Nazarbayev and Sarkissian discussed the situation in Armenia
- Kazakhstan PM on the program to develop beef husbandry: It is not a national strategy