Nazarbayev about terrorism, Syria and Afghanistan
The reporter of the Chinese TV-channel CCTV asked the President about the way China and Kazakhstan need to strengthen the interaction for more effective struggle against terrorism.
Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev shared his opinion on the struggle against terrorism at the interview to CCTV, IIA Kazinform reports.
The CCTV reporter asked the President about the way China and Kazakhstan need to strengthen the interaction for more effective struggle against terrorism. “The leadership of the People’s Republic of China proposes to fight three evils, they are extremism, terrorism and separatism, and Kazakhstan supports it and works jointly. Terrorism, as you know, severely developed in Syria. ISIS showed all that it is the evil, it must be eliminated. The coalition headed by the US and Russia fought against it. Now, this, as they used to call it, the “state” was eliminated, it does not have a territory, but it sends its militants to other places, other regions, including Afghanistan. And it is of much concern,” the head of state said.
Nazarbayev noted that the Central Asian countries that are members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) should work together to fight against it. “We work in this direction. Kazakhstan provides serious support to Afghanistan, the Afghan students are educated by Kazakhstan, they will receive professions Kazakhstan funds it. We are ready to build special, infrastructure facilities to provide the people with work. The civil war has been continuing for 40 years, the people do not know anything except for fighting, they produce drugs that prods terrorism. Therefore, how can we fight it? We need to provide workplaces, it is possible by developing production in Afghanistan,” the Kazakh President said.
According to him, the common task is to help this country in creating its own economy.
- Nazarbayev to leave for Finland and Belgium
- Nursultan Nazarbayev to deliver an Address to Kazakhstan's population on Oct.5
- Nursultan Nazarbayev addresses to trade union community
- Kazakh President offered condolences to Indonesian President over tsunami victims
- Nazarbayev arrives in Dushanbe to partake in Council of CIS heads of state session
- Kazakh President received President's assistant - Security Council's Secretary
- Kazakh leader to partake in Council of CIS heads of state session
- Nazarbayev: 'Unconditional love and mothers' care for their children form future of our Motherland'