Rematch of GGG - ‘Canelo’ officially announced
The rematch will be held at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Saul Alvarez’s promoter (49-1-2, 34 KOs) Oscar De La Hoya initially talked about the second fight with Gennady Golovkin (38-0-1, 34 KOs) on September as “dead”, but all of a sudden, he announced that the rematch would take place, Sports.kz reports.
Thus, one can assume that finally Golovkin agreed on the terms of ‘Canelo’ to income distribution as 42.5%/57.5% in favour of the Mexican boxer, or he bade for more beneficial term.
“I’m happy to inform that we have a fight September 15!!!!” shares Oscar De La Hoya on Twitter.
It is possible that the rematch will take place at T-Mobile Arena, where the last fight was held, in Las Vegas, it is the arena that Alvarez’s team has recerved recently.
The first fight of Golovkin and ‘Canelo’ was held on September 16, 2017 and ended with a controversial draw – according to many people of box, the judges had “robbed” Kazakhstan’s boxer.
- GGG promised to show a truly street bout to ‘Canelo’
- Ticket sale for Golovkin-‘Canelo’ rematch has begun
- Who is GGG’s next opponent after ‘Canelo’
- GGG’s next opponent after ‘Canelo’ announced
- First official promo of Golovkin-‘Canelo’ rematch published
- Golovkin’s estimated income from rematch with ‘Canelo’ became known
- Alvarez announced financial terms for rematch to Golovkin
- Why Golovkin and Saunders’s fight will not take place in 2018