Russian Railways’ former President presented book to head of state
The book has been published recently. And the meeting of the author with the Kazakhstan’s President took place in frames of the Astana Economic Forum -2018 in Astana.
Russian public figure businessman and former president of Russian Railways JSC, founder and president of World Public Forum “Dialogue of Civilizations” Vladimir Yakunin told in interview with BNews.kz correspondent about details of the meeting with President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev within the Astana Economic Forum and pointed out key achievements of our country for years of Independence.
-Mr. Yakunin tell about your impression of a meeting with Nursultan Nazarbayev?
- I have a distinction of being acquainted with President Nursultan Nazarbayev since the 2002 year when I was Vice Minister of Transport of Russia and we have discussed the theme of the transport corridors for the first time. Then I had the honour to meet Nursultan Nazarbayev personally and always was being awed of his professionalism and reliability. Today’s meeting was spontaneous, but of course, Mr. Nazarbayev was informed on my visit, and I really want to present him my book with words addressed to him. We have discussed this and I presented Nursultan Nazarbayev the book. I hope he will not be chagrined.
- Can you voice the words that you addressed to Nazarbayev in your book?
- You know, I wrote that if Nursultan Nazarbayev at the time, in 1991, accepted the offer and agreed to become the Prime Minister of the Soviet Union, then we were living in a different world, not to mention that it would have been another country. I am absolutely sure that he would preserve the Soviet Union. Not from the point of view of its shortcomings, but from the standpoint of prospects that will now be realized in another degree: the Eurasian integration, cooperation, preservation of a single cultural and historical heritage. But what is done in politics is done. I think that the then lavish position that, having split up, it will be easier for us to overcome the crisis phenomena, even today, from the standpoint of a historical retrospective, although short, it looks very unprofessional.
- What did you emphasize in the speech of Kazakhstan’s President at the Astana Economic Forum? You noted the world became global.
The world, however, becomes global and this is a natural process. Another thing is that some people would like to make it unipolar: the world in which one sovereign rules and all the other vassals follow his instructions. What is being done in Kazakhstan today is focused on the development of science, education, and human. In fact, even the approaches that are characteristic of the most developed Western democracies are different.
As a rule, the economy develops independently, the science -independently and a man such a chain which is to some extent prevents this process. Because the artificial intellect at any moment will start to cure, maintain and here is a man in the way. Agree it is funny. In this regard the orientation for the human development, social welfare is a real standard of development both economy and policy.
-Can you name three achievements of Kazakhstan, which are prominent in your opinion?
- First. The words of Kazakhstan’s Leader: Being the 9th country in economic development within the Soviet Union Kazakhstan became the 2nd at the Post-soviet area. Orientation to the newest education, when more than twelve thousand young citizens of Kazakhstan were educated in the world's leading universities - I believe that this is an absolutely correct and visible fact demonstrating the factor of Kazakhstan's development. Well, importantly, I'm still a Russian person ... That for Russia, it is Russia that is the number one partner, somewhere even ahead of China, and in the relations of the Russian authorities with other partners, Kazakhstan is the second economy with which we cooperate. I believe that all these are very correct things.
Former president of the Russian Railways Vladimir Yakunin has published the autobiography in English The Treacherous path. The author describes stages of his life and the events of Russia’s new history.
As reported earlier the AEF is being held in a new format. 500 guests from over 24 world countries take part in the event. The agenda of the Forum: resource sustainability and longevity to global security and the organization of megacities of the future. The forum will discuss 11 topics. Among them: urbanization of the population; the fight against inequality between the rich and the poor; The problems associated with the loss of anonymity due to the development of information technology.