The decision on construction of Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway road is made in Astana - Sagintayev
The prime minister of Kazakhstan Bakytzhan Sagintayev at an official ceremony of start of a railway corridor Baku-Tbilisi-Kars has noted that the decision on construction of this railway transport corridor has been made in Astana.
"Baku-Tbilisi-Kars - this project opens access (To Kazakhstan – a comment of the author) to Turkey and the countries of Southern Europe with an exit to the Mediterranean Sea. Also it is the key infrastructure project of a logistic chain of the Transcaspian international transport route," the Prime minister said.
Sagintayev noted that the new railroad has huge value for full realization of transit and transport and logistic capacity of the region of Central Asia.
"Kazakhstan is located in the center of Eurasia, actively carries out work on development of transcontinental transportations between Europe and Asia. (Kazakhstan – a comment of the author) I have supported by the first implementation of the project of Baku-Tbilisi-Kars. This decision has been made in 2006 by Azerbaijan, Turkey and Georgia with assistance of Kazakhstan and China. For us it is very symbolical that this important decision has been made in Astana," the Head of the Kazakhstan Government specified.
The president of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev called start of the project a historical event for all who will be involved in the project.
We will remind that today the Prime minister of Kazakhstan Bakytzhan Sagintayev arrived to opening of a railway transport corridor of Baku-Tbilisi-Kars.
- Volumes of cargo transportation increased in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan’s leader congratulated on Eid al-Fitr
- Astana highly praises Pyongyang’s commitment towards denuclearization
- Kazakhstan surpassed Ukraine, but felt behind Russia on road quality
- Kazakhstan asks European Parliament to facilitate rushing corrupted funds back
- In Kazakhstan, 117 people were victims of labour slavery over a year
- Number of universities decreases in Kazakhstan
- Nazarbayev and Sarkissian discussed the situation in Armenia